Patient Services



Hollinwood Medical Practice is currently registering patients who live in the Hollinwood and surrounding areas.

It’s simple and easy. You can either call into the surgery and collect the forms or download a partial registration form and finish the process once you present to the surgery with your ID and book for a new patient health check. You will need to complete a GMS1 form should you have printed your forms at home (Legal document).

We’ll contact your old GP and take care of everything else for you, so don’t leave it till you’re ill – JOIN TODAY.



In order to register with Hollinwood Medical Practice you need to fill in two forms and attend a new patient health check (if you are over 15 years old).

If you download the forms, call into the surgery to make your new patient health check appointment, you will also need to fill in a GMS1 form when you present to complete registration with your ID.

During this new patient check we will take some basic measurements such as your height and weight and then take a brief medical history from you. It’s nothing to worry about, we simply want to get to know you and your health a little better.

The health check usually takes around 25 minutes or less to complete and once its done you will be registered with the surgery and be free to make appointments with any of our Doctors and other clinical staff.

What to bring to your appointment

When you come to your new patient check we ask that you bring a few things with you:

  • 1
    Registration forms fully complete and signed
  • 2
    A urine sample (either take away a pot and bring it back with you or provide one on the day)
  • 3
    A list of any medication you are on. This will help to reduce any delays in you getting your next prescription
  • 4
    Two forms of identification – One form of personal indentification and one proof of address
  • 5
    If your child is under 5 years old, their Red Immunisation Book

Accepted Documents

Personal Identification:

  • passport or identity card
  • Birth certificate
  • Driving license*
  • Marriage certificate
  • NHS Medical Card
  • Student I.D card

Proof of Address:

  • Bank statement
  • Rent book / tenancy agreement
  • Council tax statement
  • Wage slip (if it includes home address)
  • Council tax statement Utility bill (dated within last 3 months)
  • Official letter (Home Office / DWP)